Monday, October 24, 2011

Just Remember


I was putting the laundry in the dryer this morning and had to smile when I grabbed the dryer sheets. While I usually get generic, I found a good deal on some Snuggle last week.

My grandmother loved the Snuggle bear commercials.

She's been gone for over 21 years, and yet my brain still holds on to that fact.

I still miss her. I still wish she were here.
I wish she had been at my wedding, and had met my son.
She never knew me as an adult, and I often wonder if I would be the same if she had.
Would I make her proud?


And even as I typed these words, this song came into my head:

1 comment:

  1. Every now and then, I catch a glimpse of my grandmother... in the store, in a yard, in a scent that wafts by... I miss mine too and feel lucky to have had her as long as I did.

    Isn't it wonderful that our bodies have mechanisms for remembering people?

    Sayre

    ReplyDelete