Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday, Monday

It's overcast and cool this morning, and we all got up a little earlier (despite the fact that I stayed up waaayyyyy too late. Again. It's a thing.)

This morning I am thankful for:

Garbage service. Seriously. I am so giddy each week to get rid of all that is nasty.

Recycling. I'm not always the best at it, but have been getting increasingly better. One element that I am good about is "upcycling" which is turning used items into something new. Of course, it tends to look a bit more like hoarding, but let's jut take one vice at a time, hehe.

Why else do I like recycling? Because Monday morning is our pick-up day and so after I got LittleMan on the bus, I took the baby for a little jaunt in her stroller. The voyeur in me can't help it- I like to see what lives in those green boxes while I get a little exercise. Since I have been walking this tiny neighborhood many times a week for over a year, it's always fun to have something new to see. It's a fascinating glimpse into the lives of others, those boxes. And when I get lucky, some folks will throw their Sunday coupons out on the top of their paper boxes. I just swipe and go and end up with a lot more diaper coupons.

Ah yes, I am thankful for being easily amused. Truly. I have said it for years, but it is the gift that keep giving. Some folks need a lot to make them happy. Give me a few free coupons, and I am all giddy.

So I've had my first mile walk of the day, and a wee bit of coffee.

With any luck, I might be able to get the baby down for a nap and take a shower before noon. And even though I struggle with my evolving identity sometimes, I am truly grateful that I have been able to stay home with my little girl this year. I am looking forward to finding something meaningful and challenging and stimulating to do to pay the bills and get us both out of the house to make friends, but I am thankful for this time. As we come up on her birthday, I am reminded just how fast the year flies by, even when the days felt slow.

To the joy.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh... a year already. It is a bit frightening how fast time flies as you get older. You're not where I am yet, but it never seems to slow down anymore. I'm getting worse and worse at keeping track of time and find myself writing wrong years on my checks - not just a little wrong, but WAY wrong (1980s anyone?). All this to say, I know you feel like you need to get a job now, but if you can relax a little and enjoy this time with Little Miss, you'll come out ahead in the end.

    ReplyDelete