Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday: Come the Sun

The sun came back today, and it kissed my face.
It was cool and beautiful as we drove downtown to go to a fall festival.
I am thankful for the money for gas, for parking.
I am thankful for the painkillers that let me have some relief.
I am thankful for the gym shoes that make it ever so much easier to enjoy movement.
I am thankful for the dollar store, where we stopped on the way home for some essentials.
I am thankful for the rice and peas that made up our simple dinner.
I am thankful for my safe neighborhood, where I walked an easy mile tonight.
I am thankful for the open back door and the cool, non-humid air pouring through it.

I am thankful for my husband who is taking out the trash.
I am thankful that I get to see the look of joyful adoration on my little girl's face as she reaches for her big brother.

And hot chocolate. And creativity. And inspiration.

And the peace of the night.

1 comment: