Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh What A Beautiful Morning...

He nibbled his banana, and I poured myself some coffee.

No frantic hurry this morning as I put on some comfy clothes over my PJs and we got into the car.

With the sunshine streaking the morning sky, we took the short drive to school.

I sang him the song that my dad sang to me to get me up during those school years long ago.

We sang my hubby's morning song.

We sang a bit of "My Favorite Things" and then some made-up songs about having a good day.

And as I watched his backpack bounce as he ran into school, I felt a surge of gratitude so overwhelming that I knew I would never be able to capture it in words.

Oh how the years go by...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you know to treasure this because life goes on and there are lots of changes. Yesterday, we discovered that Z is taller than me now. I can't tell you how choked up that made me feel. My baby....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I remember when he was smaller than LM. Each stage of their life has it's perfect beauty, but it's so hard to see it go so quickly.

    ReplyDelete